Microsoft Outlook is one of the most trusted and popular email applications that are used all over the world by millions and millions of people for emailing. Outlook is mainly used by people to send and receive emails from different people or resources that you might be connected with. Aside from just emails you also have the option to handle your personal information or data with the help of MS Outlook. But even the best applications have their own bugs and errors; in this article we will guide you how to solve pii_email_864625849f4d9cdad180 error. This may look like a big messy code with lots of numbers but it’s nothing to be scared by, this error can be fixed using some simple solutions that we are about to show you.
You can also read: How to Solve [pii_email_123dd92c65546aac4234]
What is the [pii_email_864625849f4d9cdad180] Error?
This error takes place due to an interruption of the SMTP server, which happens from an incorrect installation of the software. You need to double check that the interface numbers, protected links and authentications are entered within the correct parameters.
Reasons Why You Might Be Facing this Error
While we are not completely certain as to what causes this error, the resources have suggested that this error happens when the configurations set by you aren’t valid or when there’s a conflict with the SMTP server. This error blocks you from sending emails but you can check and receive emails.
How to Fix the [pii_email_864625849f4d9cdad180] Error
Before jumping into the solutions, you need to make sure settings are properly inputted.
- Go to the tools menu and choose the account that has the issue and go on priorities.
- Check if the SMTP or incoming mail server is accurate.
- The Asses Mark in My Server requires authentication when the host requires authentication.
- Check if your SMTP number exactly matches your FAE.
- Make sure your SSL connection is safe and secure.
Best Methods for Fixing the Error
There are many options available to fix this error, however, we are here to offer you some of the simplest and quickest ways to solve this.
1. Use the Windows Auto Repair Tool
Windows provides you with an automatic repair tool that can diagnose an application and fix the problems, if it has any. It can be tried on your Outlook to find any errors and resolve it.
- Go to program and features from the control panel
- Look for MS Outlook from the list of applications that you’ll see
- Select the “Edit” option and then select “Repair”
- If there are any issues, the fix tool will automatically solve them
This is an easy procedure that works in almost all situations, and if it fixes your problem you can send and receive emails without a hitch now, if not, then continue to read below.
2. Use the Programs and Features Tab
- Select the windows button and go into program and features
- Locate Microsoft 365
- Select “Edit” and then hit “Repair”
This works by fixing your Microsoft 365 as a whole. After this step try restarting your MS Outlook, if the error is still there move on to method number 3 right below.
3. Review your PC Server Requirements
Another method to fix this error that you may use is by making sure your settings are correct.
- Launch MS Outlook
- Then click on the “File” option in the application
- Look for “Account Settings”
- Now select on the “Email” tab on another window
- Now, from the list, choose your primary Outlook account
- Select “More Settings” and go into “Internet Mail Settings”
- Open another window and open the general tab with an SMTP host authentication requirement
- Finally, save the configurations you made by hitting “OK”
By now the [pii_email_864625849f4d9cdad180] error should be fixed already, check if your Outlook works now by trying to send emails to other people, if it still doesn’t, it’s time for the fourth method.
4. Check for Duplicate Accounts
Check if you have any copy or repeating accounts. Having a copy of an account often leads to the [pii_email_864625849f4d9cdad180] error, but deleting an account like that might just solve your problem.
- Go into Account Settings from the menu and select the Email tab
- Check for any duplicate accounts in the list and choose one if you find any
- Now go ahead and delete the duplicate or copy account
After doing this, try to restart your MS Outlook and check if the error [pii_email_864625849f4d9cdad180] is still popping up, if so, then move on to the next method.
5. Correctly configure the port numbers on your PC
If the previous given methods failed to work then you need to configure the interface number from the Outlook application. If you do that then you need to adjust the number of ports on your computer manually.
- Once again, start by launching the MS Outlook application
- Go into the Account Settings and select your primary account from the Email option
- Click on the “Advanced” option that pops up in the new window
- Verify your changes and save your configurations by clicking OK
Now, restart your MS Outlook account and you should have no problems or errors when sending emails anymore.
6. Check your Windows Antivirus
This is also a much easier way to fix the Outlook error. To do this, you need to first disable the Antivirus on your Windows for a little while. This could however prevent MS Outlook establishing links with email customers. Each Antivirus needs to be disabled in a certain way, disable your Antivirus how it’s meant to be disabled and launch Outlook. It should be working fine now.
These are some of the easiest and quickest ways to solve your [pii_email_864625849f4d9cdad180] error code issue. Hopefully one of these methods did the trick for you and now your emailing can be back to normal again!